Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Anti-SpongeBob Mommy

When it comes to television I'm one of those very picky moms. I do think that some television can be beneficial. However, I'm not going to plop my daughter in front of the tv all day by no means. For about 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the after noon I let Gretchen watch tv. The only thing she will watch now is the Wiggles. She will actually sit on the floor and watch for a few minutes and stand up a dance sometimes. The rest of the time she is off somewhere else doing her thing. Which mean is really only watches half the show. Cartoons like Spongebob and Chowder are out of the question at my house. If she is at someone else's house and watches it I'm not going to have a hissy fit or anything though. I don't know what it is about Spongebob that I can't stand. Maybe its the annoying laugh or the fear that my daughter will pick on bad habits from watching him. Luckily my mom doesn't allow Spongebob in her house either. I'm glad because Gretchen will be staying there while I'm in class this fall. I want Gretchen to watch education programs and programs that promote good behavior. Strawberry Shortcake, Dora the Explorer, The Wiggles, TeleTubbies, Little Eisteins,and My Little Ponies are all fine programs . I really wish that some of these programs were like the ones that I grew up with. I like the old Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Ponies, and Carebears better. The animation today is sort of creepy looking.

One thing I am trying to do is collect old movies that I used to watch for Gretchen. I have some of the Carebear Movies and a Strawberry Shortcake. There are two My Little Pony movies that I want. However one is now considered a collectors item and is really expensive. For a 30 minute movie it cost $50-$100. Sorry Baby mommy just doesn't have that type of money to through around.

This week has been crazy running around. I helped out with VBS this week in the crafts and I had a Premier Design Jewelry Party. My cousin became a Premier consultant and I hosted a show for her. It seems that everyone is doing direct sells these days. I am even hosting a Pampered Chef party next week. Hosting a show hopefully will help then make money and promote their little businesses. In return they did a catalog show with Usborne Books. Around here not many people have heard of Usborne Books. Trying to get your name out there with a product is harder then it looks. Everyday I do something with my little business to let people know about it. I honestly believe that my hard work will pay off eventually. Brian doesn't understand that now I have to "network" both online and in the community so people will get to know me and learn about my products. Before I was the type to live in my own little bubble. However, that doesn't really work when you are in business. I need a crash course in advertising and marketing. Oh Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment